Saturday, May 29, 2010

Quick hello...and cheerio!

After an entire week at our placements, I can say this much: a) public transportation in Belfast is extremely prompt, but a 7-mile journey that takes 45 minutes can become slightly tedious, b) I am learning how to do consulting by trial-and-error, but have tons of helpful people helping, c) tea/coffee is offered to me approximately 5 times a day, and d) I am still pretending that "biscuits" aren't actually cookies and have some nutritional value.

I will give a more complete update on all of the happenings this past week has brought, but I didn't want to seem like I was neglecting you all (sidenote: I have been saying y'all way too often recently...SCARY).

Our group is off to Derry/Londonderry (termed Stroke City for attempting to be neutral in its name) in about 10 minutes!!! A two-hour trip to the northwest and we will soon be learning about the city's history, particularly about Bloody Sunday. Look it up and then read this short article: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bloody-sunday-report-to-be-published-on-15-june-1983918.html

My director passed this article onto us and it will be interesting to be here when the report is released on June 15th...

Apologies that this is so quick and rushed -- more to come soon. CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment